I am not sure exactly when it happened but as I was reviewing the MVVM Light Toolkit’s download numbers, I suddenly realized that we are now over a MILLION downloads.
The breakdown of the downloads is as follows:
- VSIX extension for Visual Studio 2012 (VS gallery): 4836
- VSIX extension for Visual Studio 2013 (VS gallery): 15517
- VSIX extension for Visual Studio 2015 (VS gallery): 1673
- VSIX extension through Codeplex site: 259779
- Nuget MVVM Light (full): 325909
- Nuget MVVM Light (libraries only): 489214
- Nuget MVVM Light PCL (discontinued): 33776
TOTAL: 1’130’704 downloads
I am quite happy to see that the proportion of downloads over the VSIX extension (full install with Project templates, Code snippets, offline Nuget package etc), the full Nuget package (with scaffolding) and the “libs only” Nuget package is in good balance. It means that the effort I put in creating the VSIX extension (which is not as easy as the Nuget packages) is appreciated, and I should continue that!
A lot of things, that’s what!
First, make sure to check my guest lecture at Xamarin University on Tuesday. This is for members only but a little bird (thanks Karina) told me that you can subscribe for a two weeks trial. The topic is (of course) Xamarin and MVVM Light, with a detailed discussion of the various components, including the databinding/commanding framework and the ObservableAdapter and ObservableController classes.
Next, after my next round of travel is done, I would like to work on two fronts:
- Creating a new Pluralsight course regarding MVVM Light on Xamarin. It’s really time for such a course, a continuation of the MVVM Light Fundamentals course I released in 2014.
- Working on V5.3 with a new series of fixes and new features. I have a lot of cool ideas for new features.
Thanks everyone for your amazing and continued trust and support. I couldn’t do it without the amazing messages I keep getting all the time from all over the world. You guys make my day, every day.