One thing I love in my new job is that I can just sit down anywhere on Earth, grab my Surface Pro and produce content (articles, samples, etc) or learn new things just as if I was home. I just came back from Singapore and had a great time there talking at the Xamarin “MonkeyFest” conference. But it was also a busy time producing content and I am so happy that things are starting to fall into place.
Here are a few highlights:
- I just published a few new articles (see below). As I am discovering new features of Azure, I want to share with you all. I decided to write in markdown (just like docs.microsoft.com) and publish on GitHub. Why GitHub? Well first of all this is of course the destination for developers. The markdown renderer is pretty good, it is easy and fast to create and publish good quality content. At some point this documentation might migrate to another location, but for now it makes sense to have it on Github. Also, and maybe most importantly, I like that the source code and the corresponding articles are all grouped together, for example my sample-azure-coinvalue application.
- As I was writing, I noticed that a few topics are going to be recurrent in all my samples. So I went ahead and created the following repo: sample-azure-general. In this repo, I will document recurring processes in Azure, such as creating a trial account, Creating and testing Azure Functions in Visual Studio, Publishing functions to Azure, etc etc etc.
- In parallel I am also working on new samples and should be able to publish more soon. So stay tuned to this blog or to my Twitter account. Yes for now the list of samples is very lean but now that everything is starting to be coherent, I want to add new content regularly!
Please help me help you!
I’d really like you all to be able to tell me what is the most important for you. And so in this spirit I want to start with two features:
- Using the Issues tab in sample-azure-general or in other samples, you can talk to me and ask for new topics, new samples, new quickstarts etc.
- I am adding a list of topics I’d love to write about but I will give you the possibility to vote on these topics. This will give me a better idea of what is the most important for you. The voting system is a work in progress, and will also be the topic of an article (because yay knowledge).
At the moment you can find the following content in sample-azure-general:
Publishing an Azure Function to Azure from Visual Studio (work in progress)
Hopefully this is helpful to all of you, and I hope that we can get the discussion running. Microsoft is literally paying me to help you understand Azure, cross-platform, Windows, .NET and more and I love that job. So please please please don’t be shy and let me know what you need. We want to help!